Wolves loanee Connor Ronan has been a man transformed since the start of 2022.
He is currently spending the season on loan at St Mirren and has three goals and an assist in his last four matches.
He continued his hot form since the turn of the year with the equaliser from the penalty spot as Jim Goodwin’s men came from behind to beat St Johnstone last night.
That adds to recent goals against Aberdeen and Hibernian and the assist against Motherwell.
St Mirren won three and drew the other of those games so it is clear that Ronan’s performances are helping his side to vital results.
They are up to sixth and if they win their game in hand, they can go above Dundee United and Motherwell into fourth.
You can see his goal below.
Some of Wolves’ younger players, such as Dion Sanderson and Ryan Giles, were recalled from loan spells and redeployed higher up the Championship.
But Ronan stayed put despite a run without a goal between October and January and that is now bearing fruit.
He may well have one eye on international recognition in the not so distant future if this level of performance continues.
- Report: The two big reasons why Jeff Shi ultimately decided to sack Scott Sellars at Wolves
- Report: Club have 26-year-old Wolves ace as their number two choice to replace £8.6m star
- World Cup manager has bad news to share on £14m Wolves star ahead of today's games
- Former Wolves star is making Jeff Shi look foolish, after second World Cup masterclass – opinion
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media