Wolves loanee Connor Ronan has been a man transformed since the start of 2022.
He is currently spending the season on loan at St Mirren and has three goals and an assist in his last four matches.
He continued his hot form since the turn of the year with the equaliser from the penalty spot as Jim Goodwin’s men came from behind to beat St Johnstone last night.
That adds to recent goals against Aberdeen and Hibernian and the assist against Motherwell.
St Mirren won three and drew the other of those games so it is clear that Ronan’s performances are helping his side to vital results.
They are up to sixth and if they win their game in hand, they can go above Dundee United and Motherwell into fourth.
You can see his goal below.
Some of Wolves’ younger players, such as Dion Sanderson and Ryan Giles, were recalled from loan spells and redeployed higher up the Championship.
But Ronan stayed put despite a run without a goal between October and January and that is now bearing fruit.
He may well have one eye on international recognition in the not so distant future if this level of performance continues.
- Report: Two other EFL clubs wanted 22-year-old from Wolves, his move is now confirmed
- Report: Jeff Shi decided against potential £17m Wolves transfer
- Wolves linked with another South American; he's 'cut from the same cloth' as Diego Godin
- Report: Wolves will have to pay £30m to sign 25-year-old, his club are under pressure to sell
- Report: Wolves eyeing £160k-a-week ace who's one of the smartest players Jurgen Klopp's coached