Raul Jimenez got back among the goals on Saturday as Wolves drew 1-1 at Stoke.
Conor Coady also made his first appearance of pre-season against the Championship side.
And the England international told the club’s website how good it is to have Jimenez back.
“He’s amazing,” said Coady about Jimenez.
“I said we missed the supporters last year, but we missed Raul as well. We all know what he brings, he’s a world class striker, we all saw that on Saturday.
“We’ve all got a long way to go to try and help him because he’s been out for a very long time, and we’re all here to help him as much as we possibly can, but to have him back is absolutely amazing.
“We just hope he can score as many goals as he can for us this season.”
It’s hard to overstate the impact a fit Jimenez can have on Wolves this season.
He changes the face of their whole attack, giving the team someone to play off and a constant goal threat.
Bruno Lage has been brought in to make Wolves a more threatening attacking team and having Jimenez back can only help with that.
- Russell Jones explains why Wolves have signed a record deal
- One Premier League team’s journey shows Wolves can do good things under Lage
- Edwards criticises Saiss’ defending in Wolves loss to Brentford
- Nigel Lonwijk eyeing Premier League chance with Wolves
- Wolves fans give their first impressions of Hwang Hee-chan