Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher feels that Wolves were so dominant in their clash with Manchester United that they should have won by more.
Carragher wrote in his column for the Telegraph that he felt Wolves could have really won 4-0, such was their control of the game at Old Trafford.
Wolves were completely cruising in the first half but did not make the pressure pay, with a long-range Ruben Neves shot the closest they came to scoring.
By the time Joao Moutinho won the game eight minutes from time, a goal was long overdue as a reward for an outstanding overall display.
“Every team playing United looks better than they are, often giving their best performance of the season,” wrote Carragher.
“Watford, Norwich and Newcastle have been poor against most sides. Watch their games against United and you can convince yourself they will definitely stay up.
“Wolves ought to have won by three or four at Old Trafford, and I doubt Aston Villa fans can recall the last time they dominated an opponent and lost as they did in the FA Cup third round.”
Carragher’s comments are not intended to mean United made Wolves look better than they are; it seems more likely they were written about struggling sides who have given United problems this season.
But of course the differences in what Wolves were able to do against United, compared to Liverpool, Manchester City or Chelsea, are stark.
Wolves are capable of keeping those sides quiet but they find it tougher to keep the ball or threaten them, but against United, the two sides of the game came together in unison.
Carragher is making the case of how dominant Wolves were at the Theatre of Dreams, and on another night, the scoreline could have been even more convincing.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English