Wolves manager Bruno Lage has talked up his new signing Hwang Hee-Chan.
The South Korean made his debut from the bench against Watford on Saturday.
And he wasted no time making an impact, scoring the first Premier League goal by a Wolves player this season.
As per the Express and Star, Lage has lauded the forward and said he has been welcomed with open arms by his new teammates.
“It was very good for him,” Lage said of Hwang’s debut. “From the first day I heard very good things about Wolves and the way the people receive the staff and the players. The way the players receive the young players.
“Every time it’s a good environment. It happened with me three months ago when I arrived and it happened with [Hwang]. He was welcomed because he’s a good player, a top player.
“It’s important for us to have these kind of players. As a manager, we need this kind of player to manage the game in the way we want to play.
“I know the player because I followed his time in Austria and then in Germany. When the name appeared it was clear we could put him in our squad because he’s one guy to help us.”
Hwang has been tracked by Lage through his time at RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig and now he’s finally got his man.
His early impact was promising, especially given he hadn’t had much time to train with the squad before that.
He’ll only get better and better as he gets used to his new teammates and his first start is the next thing he needs to aim for.
- Conor Coady blown away by 23-year-old who's been 'quality' in Wolves training
- Spanish report makes big new Traore transfer claim as speculation swirls about star's future
- 'Absolutely fantastic': Coady raves over 'incredible' Wolves teammate after Southampton win
- 'Machine': Semedo and others comment as Wolves star posts on Instagram after impeccable display
- 'High quality': Wolves loanee leaves his new boss delighted after netting thunderous first goal