An official partnership has been agreed between Wolves and Grasshoppers, as per the Athletic.
They say it was agreed some months ago and sets out that they will share expertise.
Wolves have sent a host of loan players to the Swiss club in recent years, including Leo Bonatini and Toti.
In an interview with the Athletic, Bonatini raved about the 22-year-old defender.
“He’s a great defender,” said Bonatini when asked about Toti. “So fast, I think the fastest in our team.
“He has a lot of things to improve but this is good. He’s young, he’s a strong guy and I hope he has an opportunity in Wolves.
“It was important for him to stay here this season. He can play in a three or at left-back. Wolves are doing very well buying players.”
At 22, Toti still has plenty of time ahead of him to get better, and Wolves’ central defensive situation is still under the microscope.
A senior central defender has not been bought since the Championship years and summer attempts to do that were unsuccessful.
Integrating Toti at the end of the season would not particularly excite the fans who want big-money new faces.
But it could be an option Bruno Lage looks at if Toti is as good as Bonatini says he is.
- Report: One of 23-year-old or £4.5m man will probably be loaned out by Wolves
- Report: Wolves to advance with offer for 12-cap international soon, club want £25m+
- 'The kind of player we want': Lage hails 22-year-old but suggests Wolves loan exit is possible
- Report: Rapid Vienna and many other clubs now interested in £800k Wolves talent
- Report: 22-year-old likely to leave Wolves even though his mentality has impressed officials