Tottenham have seemed the most likely suitors for Adama Traore throughout the January transfer window.
That was the case for most of the summer too, but he remained a Wolves player although did not sign a new contract.
But now Sky Sports News are reporting that Barcelona have motored past Spurs in the race to sign Traore.
They claim that Barca have made a loan-to-buy offer for Traore given their financial woes.
That eventual fee would be worth £29 million at the end of the season, if Wolves accept the offer.
But it would mean that Wolves are not getting any money through the door right now to spend mid-season.
Wolves have to decide whether that would work for them and they have not been bullied over Traore’s future at any point in the saga which has dragged on across many transfer windows.
Traore of course used to play for Barcelona, leaving them to join Aston Villa in August 2015 and could return to the club where he came through the ranks.
It has been reported that Wolves want £20.9 million for Traore; so the eventual fee would be more than that but they would have to wait to receive it.
- 'Not his fault': Chris Sutton thinks Lage sacking was harsh, as he predicts Chelsea vs Wolves
- 'It's unbelievable': Wolves ace Podence shares the Diego Costa trait that's fully surprised him
- Six-minute video suggests Wolves might just be about to make an inspired appointment – opinion
- 'I can't believe': Paul Merson stunned by what Wolves have done, as he predicts Chelsea clash
- Collins and Davis must unleash Wolves star Bruno Lage called 'very strong' on Chelsea – opinion