Rayan Ait-Nouri has signed a permanent deal with Wolves after his loan last season.
The club confirmed the signing of the young left-back yesterday and Scott Sellars talked up the deal.
The player himself also posted a message to the club’s fans on Instagram after the move was confirmed.
“We think Rayan is a great signing for the football club. He proved last season that he’s a very talented player, with lots of potential – I thought he did well and kicked on towards the end of the season,” said Sellars.
“He’s a player who is only going to get better, he’s a good boy, who works hard, and settled in well here. We’ve used the loan before buying approach well in the past, with people like Jonny and Raul [Jimenez].
“In Rayan’s case, he got a lot of minutes because both Jonny and Marcal suffered injury problems last season, so he had lots of games in the Premier League to show his quality.
“At his age, he’s got a lot to learn still, a lot of work on, and I’m sure with us he’ll develop. He has great quality going forward – his goal on his debut – so he’s got a lot going for him, as well as areas to develop, like all players.”
Ait-Nouri in, Vinagre out
It looks like it’ll be one in, one out in terms of left-backs at Molineux this summer.
Ruben Vinagre looks set to join Sporting on an initial loan with a compulsory purchase option.
Both left-backs have a bright future in the game but Wolves clearly feel that Ait-Nouri is better suited to the Premier League.
And he can now join up with Bruno Lage’s squad for pre-season, as the new manager tries to implement his ideas.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: One change from Norwich stalemate
- Bruno Lage responds when asked whether Daniel Podence will return for Wolves v Liverpool
- Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of Wolves v Liverpool tomorrow
- Journalist says Wolves were 'as close as you could be' to signing 'amazing' ace in the summer
- 'Played well again': Amazon pundit praises Wolves star who is 'not the quickest' after 0-0 with Burnley