Wolves have their first home goals and their first home win of the Premier League season.
Bruno Lage’s side saw off Newcastle 2-1, thanks to a brace from Hwang Hee-Chan.
Here is a look at three players who stood out on a very pleasing afternoon indeed…
There’s only one place to start when it comes to the standout performers.
This was Hwang’s first Molineux outing in the Premier League and he put in a stunning performances.
His finishes were deadly and came after he had showcased his pace and power to get free.
There were also signs of a hugely exciting partnership with the next man on our list…
The matchwinner last weekend turned provider here with two assists for Hwang.
He dropped deep, muscled his way into space and slipped Hwang in on goal to do the rest.
The goal last week has seemingly given him confidence and he just knows where Hwang is going to run almost instinctively.
It was another great afternoon for the Mexican hitman, who is going from strength to strength.
The whole defence had to dig in during a second half which was scruffy as Wolves held onto what they had.
Kilman was probably the pick of the bench, and as per WhoScored, he made five tackles and four clearances.
He continued his strong start to the season after rightly being crowned August player of the month.
It was a rearguard action at times, but Wolves got the job done to move up to tenth.
- Wolves' Hwang Hee-chan fires South Korea into World Cup last 16 with dramatic 91st-minute winner
- Wolves star has barely played since £4.5m move, Lopetegui era can be his fresh start – opinion
- Report: £10m player Lopetegui has his eye on for Wolves seemingly wants out
- 3 contenders for best Wolves player of 2022, including £7m star – opinion
- Former Wolves star leads nation into World Cup knockout stages after 2-1 win