Paul Merson has predicted the result of Wolves’ clash with Leicester at Molineux this weekend for Sportskeeda.
Wolves won 2-0 at Tottenham last time out and will be looking to take confidence from that game into this meeting with Brendan Rodgers’ men.
The two sides met on the opening day of the season when Wolves played well but were wasteful in front of goal and lost 1-0.
Merson has predicted that they will get their revenge this weekend against a Foxes side who are showing a real weakness from set pieces.
“Leicester are struggling at the moment, so I see Wolves winning this one. The Foxes have endured a difficult season with regard to injuries and have won just one of their last five Premier League games.
“Wolves, on the other hand, have been impressive under Bruno Lage. If they beat Leicester and top it off with a win against Arsenal, they could have top-four aspirations!
“The Portuguese manager has done an unbelievable job since replacing Nuno Espirito Santo and Wolves are getting results while also playing entertaining football.
“Leicester haven’t had a bunch of key defenders fit for large parts of the season and that could come back to haunt them once again. Prediction: Wolves 2-1 Leicester.”
This would be another statement of intent for Wolves if they won here, given that Leicester are one of the sides they are looking to overtake long term.
This is an opportunity because the Foxes are not in the best of form, although they did show their quality in patches in last Sunday’s 2-2 draw with West Ham.
They have been in midweek European action, so there may be some tiredness in their ranks, while Wolves have a full week to prepare for the game.
- Report: Two other EFL clubs wanted 22-year-old from Wolves, his move is now confirmed
- Report: Jeff Shi decided against potential £17m Wolves transfer
- Wolves linked with another South American; he's 'cut from the same cloth' as Diego Godin
- Report: Wolves will have to pay £30m to sign 25-year-old, his club are under pressure to sell
- Report: Wolves eyeing £160k-a-week ace who's one of the smartest players Jurgen Klopp's coached