Wolves have lost their first Premier League game of the season to Leicester.
There was to be no winning start to life in the English top flight for Bruno Lage, losing 1-0 at the King Power Stadium.
Lage went with the same team which started last weekend’s 1-0 loss to Celta Vigo.
And he got a similarly flat first half performance, as Wolves conceded a first half goal again, this time to Jamie Vardy.
There was improvement after the break again, with Lage’s half-time team talk having an impact.
But just like last week, Wolves were unable to find a way back into the game.
In truth, there weren’t many outstanding performances among Lage’s men, but Max Kilman played well.
That’s especially impressive seeing as he’s a left-footed central defender playing on the right of a back three.
Kilman’s display earned some love on Twitter despite the disappointing result and here’s how Wolves fans reacted:
- 'Possibility': Wolves could announce 56y/o as Lage's successor early next week – journalist
- Report: The embarrassingly low option to buy clause Everton have on Conor Coady
- Injured Wolves duo pictured in latest training photos, £14m star on the grass
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk
- 'I'm hoping': Sasa Kalajdzic provides latest injury update, shares when he wants to be back