Hwang Hee-Chan got his first Premier League start at Molineux against Newcastle today.
The South Korean international repaid Bruno Lage’s faith with a double as Wolves won 2-1.
They were Wolves’ first home league goals of the season and it was their first home win of the campaign too.
Hwang was also the first Wolves player to score a league goal this term at Watford and he already looks an impressive signing.
Hwang’s two finishes were so smart as well, giving Karl Darlow absolutely no chance.
There were also signs of a burgeoning relationship with Raul Jimenez, who set up both strikes.
Hwang looks confident and sharp in front of goal, offering end-product unmatched by Wolves’ other wide options this term.
The win means it is now three league wins in four matches for Wolves and some momentum is building.
Unsurprisingly, Hwang’s performance went down well with many Wolves fans on Twitter…
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday