This evening Wolves played their second match of pre-season against La Liga outfit Real Betis, winning 1-0.
Bruno Lage changed the formation from his maiden match in charge against Crewe.
The 4-4-2 was changed to a 4-2-3-1, but Rayan Ait-Nouri remained as a left winger.
He played at left wing-back for much of his first season at Molineux, but has played in midfield in both matches under Lage.
He was getting to grips with the role against Crewe but impressed in it here against better opposition.
The left-footer wasn’t afraid to drive at the Betis backline and take them on.
He was a bright spark in a fairly sedate match in the Spanish heat and his performance against go unnoticed on Twitter.
Ait-Nouri attracted plenty of praise after a game in which there weren’t too many outstanding individual performances.
It remains to be seen whether Lage sees Ait-Nouri as a genuine wide option for Premier League games.
He could just be playing there because the likes of Pedro Neto, Adama Traore and Daniel Podence aren’t available yet.
Either way, here’s how his performance went down with some supporters on Twitter:
- Bruno Lage identifies three areas Wolves need to improve
- Reported Wolves target Oliveira scores last-gasp free-kick winner for Porto
- Journalist thinks Lage will name unchanged team against Southampton
- Which kit will Wolves wear against Southampton?
- Lage responds when asked whether Podence will get a chance in the league