Wolves played their latest match of pre-season against Championship outfit Stoke City this afternoon and drew 1-1.
Bruno Lage changed his formation to a 3-4-2-1, with Adama Traore making his first appearance of pre-season on the left wing.
Traore only returned to training this week but was thrown straight in from the start here.
He was withdrawn at half-time as Lage looks to build his fitness up gently. There’s another game at Coventry tomorrow too, of course.
Traore showed no sign of rustiness or trying to ease his way back in slowly.
The Spain international was arguably the liveliest player on the pitch in fairly quiet first half where Danny Batth’s opener was swiftly cancelled out by Raul Jimenez.
Traore’s display didn’t go unnoticed on Twitter, where some fans reacted to their first glimpse of the winger this summer.
He attracted plenty of praise after a game in which there weren’t too many other outstanding individual performances.
The interplay between Traore, Raul Jimenez and Francisco Trincao could be dangerous for opposition defences this season.
And Pedro Neto and Daniel Podence are still to return to a side Lage has been charged with making more threatening.
It only lasted 45 minutes, but here’s how Traore’s performance went down with some supporters on Twitter:
- Bruno Lage identifies three areas Wolves need to improve
- Reported Wolves target Oliveira scores last-gasp free-kick winner for Porto
- Journalist thinks Lage will name unchanged team against Southampton
- Which kit will Wolves wear against Southampton?
- Lage responds when asked whether Podence will get a chance in the league