Wolves played their latest match of pre-season against Championship outfit Stoke City this afternoon and drew 1-1.
Bruno Lage changed his formation to a 3-4-2-1, with Adama Traore making his first appearance of pre-season on the left wing.
Traore only returned to training this week but was thrown straight in from the start here.
He was withdrawn at half-time as Lage looks to build his fitness up gently. There’s another game at Coventry tomorrow too, of course.
Traore showed no sign of rustiness or trying to ease his way back in slowly.
The Spain international was arguably the liveliest player on the pitch in fairly quiet first half where Danny Batth’s opener was swiftly cancelled out by Raul Jimenez.
Traore’s display didn’t go unnoticed on Twitter, where some fans reacted to their first glimpse of the winger this summer.
He attracted plenty of praise after a game in which there weren’t too many other outstanding individual performances.
The interplay between Traore, Raul Jimenez and Francisco Trincao could be dangerous for opposition defences this season.
And Pedro Neto and Daniel Podence are still to return to a side Lage has been charged with making more threatening.
It only lasted 45 minutes, but here’s how Traore’s performance went down with some supporters on Twitter:
- Wolves star named 47th best player in the Premier League for 2022/23, but Neves snubbed
- 'Discontent': Steve Davis explains how bad things were when he took over from Lage at Wolves
- 'I hope': 24-year-old who's not played for Wolves since January 2022 eyes squad role for 23/24
- Report: 22-year-old Wolves target gives green light to join league champions, could cost £34m
- £30m Wolves star bags first international goal in over a year, as he's also handed captaincy