Ruben Neves will miss Wolves’ clash with Southampton at Molineux today.
The Portugal international played last time out against Sheffield United but Leander Dendoncker and Joao Moutinho will anchor the midfield against the Saints.
Wolves’ matchday blog has confirmed that Neves has tested positive for Covid earlier this week and that is why he is missing out.
Journalist Tim Spiers also stated that update, when posting the team news for the game.
That may mean that Luke Cundle or Bruno Jordao may get a game off the bench if Bruno Lage needs to make a change in his engine room.
Toti Gomes will make his Wolves debut at the back, with no Marcal in the squad and Dendoncker obviously needed in the midfield.
Every Wolves game since November 6 – when they lost 2-0 at Crystal Palace – has featured one or zero goals – and it remains to be seen if that record changes today.
Neves will be a big miss given his recent form, but Lage will hope that Dendoncker and Moutinho can control the centre of the pitch as Wolves look to carry on riding the wave of their recent good results and performances.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority