Wolves had to settle for a share of the spoils in last night’s Black Country derby.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side went into the match facing the prospect of West Brom doing the double over them this season.
That would have compounded the embarrassment of the 4-0 home defeat at the hands of Burnley.
Nuno responded by shuffling the pack and one of his big calls was starting Vitinha.
The young midfielder was one of the more impressive performers on the night and posted a message to the fans on Instagram after the game.
The footballers’ social media boycott is of course over now.
He created more chances than any player on the pitch last night for either side with four.
Teammates Pedro Neto and Owen Otasowie were in the replies offering their congratulations.
He also made as many dribbles as anyone on the pitch – three – which was matched by Adama Traore and Rayan Ait-Nouri.
It wasn’t a perfect performance by Wolves last night, but it was a big improvement on what we saw against Burnley.
One of the key reasons for that was Vitinha’s display as an embarrassing double defeat to the Baggies was averted.
His loan from Porto expires at the end of the season, and Nuno has a decision to make over whether to take up the option to buy him come the summer.
- Sky pundit says two Wolves players were 'outstanding' in 2-1 victory over Brentford
- Bruno Lage and Daniel Podence rave about 'amazing' Wolves star
- Wolves Predicted XI vs Brentford: Neves returns as Toti keeps his place
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner