Wolves had to settle for a share of the spoils in last night’s Black Country derby.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side went into the match facing the prospect of West Brom doing the double over them this season.
That would have compounded the embarrassment of the 4-0 home defeat at the hands of Burnley.
Nuno responded by shuffling the pack and one of his big calls was starting Vitinha.
The young midfielder was one of the more impressive performers on the night and posted a message to the fans on Instagram after the game.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
The footballers’ social media boycott is of course over now.
He created more chances than any player on the pitch last night for either side with four.
Teammates Pedro Neto and Owen Otasowie were in the replies offering their congratulations.
He also made as many dribbles as anyone on the pitch – three – which was matched by Adama Traore and Rayan Ait-Nouri.
It wasn’t a perfect performance by Wolves last night, but it was a big improvement on what we saw against Burnley.
One of the key reasons for that was Vitinha’s display as an embarrassing double defeat to the Baggies was averted.
His loan from Porto expires at the end of the season, and Nuno has a decision to make over whether to take up the option to buy him come the summer.
- Wolves release Saturday touch map of 24-year-old Gary O’Neil called ‘incredible’
- ‘Find a voice’: Hobbs says 23y/o has become a greater leader since Neves and co left Wolves
- ‘I think’: Dave Edwards says 29-year-old actually had his best game ever for Wolves on Saturday
- ‘Magnificent’: BBC pundit stunned by what Wolves player did in 6th minute vs Man City
- ‘Something special’: Matt Hobbs admits he’s been totally ‘blown away’ by Wolves man