Wolves had to settle for a share of the spoils in last night’s Black Country derby.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side went into the match facing the prospect of West Brom doing the double over them this season.
That would have compounded the embarrassment of the 4-0 home defeat at the hands of Burnley.
Nuno responded by shuffling the pack and one of his big calls was starting Vitinha.
The young midfielder was one of the more impressive performers on the night and posted a message to the fans on Instagram after the game.
The footballers’ social media boycott is of course over now.
He created more chances than any player on the pitch last night for either side with four.
Teammates Pedro Neto and Owen Otasowie were in the replies offering their congratulations.
He also made as many dribbles as anyone on the pitch – three – which was matched by Adama Traore and Rayan Ait-Nouri.
It wasn’t a perfect performance by Wolves last night, but it was a big improvement on what we saw against Burnley.
One of the key reasons for that was Vitinha’s display as an embarrassing double defeat to the Baggies was averted.
His loan from Porto expires at the end of the season, and Nuno has a decision to make over whether to take up the option to buy him come the summer.
- Wolves fans discuss what Romain Saiss’ role should be next season
- Report claims asking price for Wolves star Rui Patricio amid interest from Roma
- Title-winner Ruben Dias praises two Wolves players
- Wolves youth coach hails impact of teenager Hesketh in Under 23s
- 23-year-old Wolves man is injured and won’t play again this season after promising campaign on loan