Wolves fans have taken to Twitter after they watched captain Conor Coady try a bicycle kick during the 1-0 defeat to Celta Vigo.
Bruno Lage’s men were of course pushing for an equaliser in the 61st minute when Coady tried the ambitious attempt.
It should actually have earned an assist because the miscued shot fell to Raul Jimenez.
But the Mexican was unable to mark his return to Molineux action with a goal as he hit the post.
Unsurprisingly, Wolves fans lit up Twitter straight afterwards, as they couldn’t believe what they’d seen.
Coady can hit a long diagonal pass, but on the whole he keeps it simple and unfussy.
He hardly ever scores either, and his strike against Manchester City in March was his first ever Premier League goal.
It would have been a surreal moment if Coady’s acrobatics had led to him finding the net.
As it was, Jimenez should have scored but Wolves couldn’t turn their second half dominance into an equaliser.
Let’s see what the Wolves fans on Twitter had to say about it…
- Russell Jones explains why Wolves have signed a record deal
- One Premier League team’s journey shows Wolves can do good things under Lage
- Edwards criticises Saiss’ defending in Wolves loss to Brentford
- Nigel Lonwijk eyeing Premier League chance with Wolves
- Wolves fans give their first impressions of Hwang Hee-chan