Ruben Neves and Jose Sa were two of Wolves’ outstanding performers as they beat Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford.
Neves had the freedom of the Theatre of Dreams and bossed the game pretty much throughout.
He nearly scored a trademark screamer in the first half but was expertly denied by David de Gea. Joao Moutinho of course ended up beating the Spanish international from outside the box in the second half.
After the game, Neves took to Instagram to react to the victory and pay tribute to goalscorer Moutinho, who impressed throughout.
Sa was in the comments, adding: “And what a pleasure play with both,”
He also left messages of support for Adama Traore, Conor Coady, Fabio Silva, Marcal, Max Kilman and Nelson Semedo.
Sa, who denied Bruno Fernandes with the last kick of the game, also posted his own message to the fans online after the game.
Sa was also named in Garth Crooks’ Team of the Week for the BBC, as he continued his strong form in his first campaign at Molineux.
This was probably Wolves’ most eye-catching result of the season and every player played their part.
Daniel Podence won man of the match on Sky Sports, but many of Bruno Lage’s men could have made a genuine claim to have scooped the award.
There was no sign of any rustiness having missed festive fixtures due to Covid postponements and that is very impressive indeed.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority