It’s hard to predict the lineup Bruno Lage will select against Tottenham tonight.
He rang the changes against Nottingham Forest in the previous round, but that was against weaker opposition with a turnaround time of just two days.
That said, we think he’ll switch things up to keep his squad fresh and try and provoke a response after Saturday’s 2-0 loss against Brentford.
John Ruddy will expect a game between the sticks, and we’ve got Max Kilman as the only central defender keeping his place from the weekend loss.
We think Willy Boly and Yerson Mosquera deserve first starts of the campaign, in place of Romain Saiss and Conor Coady.
There has been talk that Lage is planning to use a back four, but we’ve stuck with the back five he’s used all season so far.
Rayan Ait-Nouri and Ki-Jana Hoever should come in at wing-back, especially after Marcal’s poor display on Saturday.
In midfield, we’ve got Ruben Neves as the only other Saturday starter who keeps his place, where Leander Dendoncker is worthy of inclusion.
Daniel Podence and Hwang Hee-Chan either side of Fabio Silva in a rotated attack makes sense.
But of course Lage could try and really attack the game with Adama Traore, Raul Jimenez or both.
Lage’s selection decisions will give an idea of how seriously he’s taking the competition as Wolves try and avenge last month’s Premier League loss to Spurs.
- Predicted Wolves XI to face Fulham: Lage makes Guedes decision, 21y/o keeps place
- 'It would be best': Manager says £54m striker linked with Wolves can leave club
- Report: Wolves interested in 35-cap international defender, but Italian trio are lurking
- 'Could be improved': Former Wolves star makes interest claim about Lage after working under him
- £12.6m Wolves striker target will leave his club soon, two PL clubs keen – Fabrizio Romano