Paul Merson has predicted the result of Wolves’ trip to face Everton at Goodison Park tomorrow for SportsKeeda.
It was a contrasting tale of two thrashings for the sides in their last games. Wolves thumped Watford 4-0 and Everton lost 5-0 at Tottenham on Monday.
And Merson has predicted those fortunes to continue in that way on Merseyside, with Wolves running out winners.
“Everton have to win this game. They have Wolves and Newcastle at home coming up, and they need at least four points from these two games. I don’t see how Everton are going to get that big Premier League result this season.
“The thing with Wolves again is that you don’t know what team you’re going to play. Every team will be looking at Ruben Neves now – he’s a proper player.
“Wolves are the better team at the moment, and Everton will be in big trouble if they lose this game. Everton 1-2 Wolves.”
Based on the most recent performances, Merson’s prediction makes sense and what a result that would be for Wolves to carry on the momentum.
But Everton tend to be a different animal at home, and they need to offer a response after that awful result and performance at Spurs.
Wolves are capable of keeping it tight and that could frustrate a home crowd that Frank Lampard really needs onside at a tough time.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion