Paul Merson has predicted the result of Wolves’ trip to Tottenham on Sunday for Sportskeeda.
Wolves go into the game on the back of two 1-0 home wins; to Norwich in the FA Cup fourth round and Arsenal in the Premier League.
Spurs, then managed by Nuno Espirito Santo, won 1-0 at Molineux back in August and Bruno Lage’s men need to avenge that defeat.
But Merson thinks they will have to settle for a point against Antonio Conte’s men, who lost 3-2 to Southampton last time out.
“That was a stinking result for Tottenham the other day. They had games in hand, and they could have been a shoo-in for the Premier League top four. Now, they’ve fallen behind.
“Tottenham’s performance worried me the other night – they got absolutely slaughtered. If they’d won that game, it would’ve just papered over the cracks.
“Both teams have to win this game. A draw here is no good and will just help the likes of Arsenal, West Ham, and Manchester United.
“Wolves lost to Arsenal in their midweek game, and will need to play Arsenal away from home. They need a win here, but I see both teams playing out a draw this weekend. Prediction: Tottenham 2-2 Wolves.”
A result which cuts short the mini-run of losses would be passable and a draw against a rival for the European slots would not be a disaster for Wolves.
They are embarking on a crucial period of the season and a win would be sensational in terms of rediscovering form and momentum.
It is perhaps surprising that Merson thinks this game will be so high-scoring, given Wolves’ approach to most games this season, but time will tell.
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban
- Report: Wolves are almost certain to buy 21-year-old for £10m next summer
- 'Tremendous': Goncalo Guedes names the Wolves star who's helped him settle
- Report: Wolves tried to sign £10m player back in January, but couldn't reach agreement
- 'Difficult to imagine': Former Wolves star thinks 33-year-old won't start at West Ham