Paul Merson has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ clash with Brighton tomorrow for Sportskeeda.
Wolves go into the game on the back of one goal in six matches and will be without talisman Raul Jimenez here.
Merson says it is a tough game to call and expects Wolves to endure another goalless 90 minutes.
“This is a hard one to call and I can’t see too many goals being scored when Brighton and Wolves lock horns at the Amex Stadium.
“Wolves are really solid defensively, but they haven’t scored enough goals this season and will be without Raul Jimenez for this one.
“It was a bad, bad red card and that could swing it in Brighton’s favor. Wolves played well against Manchester City and it has to be said that it was never a handball from Joao Moutinho, common sense has to prevail in such situations.
“Without Jimenez, this is a Premier League game that could well be decided by a solitary goal, so I think Brighton will just nick this one. Prediction: Brighton 1-0 Wolves.”
The onus will be on Hwang Hee-Chan and perhaps Fabio Silva will have to step up in the absence of Jimenez, with Wolves in really poor form in front of goal.
Brighton are tricky opponents, but are also not the most clinical in front of goal so it could well be as low-scoring as Merson is expecting.
Bruno Lage has to get that balance right between solidity and improved threat going forward heading into the festive period.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority