Paul Merson has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ clash with Brighton tomorrow for Sportskeeda.
Wolves go into the game on the back of one goal in six matches and will be without talisman Raul Jimenez here.
Merson says it is a tough game to call and expects Wolves to endure another goalless 90 minutes.
“This is a hard one to call and I can’t see too many goals being scored when Brighton and Wolves lock horns at the Amex Stadium.
“Wolves are really solid defensively, but they haven’t scored enough goals this season and will be without Raul Jimenez for this one.
“It was a bad, bad red card and that could swing it in Brighton’s favor. Wolves played well against Manchester City and it has to be said that it was never a handball from Joao Moutinho, common sense has to prevail in such situations.
“Without Jimenez, this is a Premier League game that could well be decided by a solitary goal, so I think Brighton will just nick this one. Prediction: Brighton 1-0 Wolves.”
The onus will be on Hwang Hee-Chan and perhaps Fabio Silva will have to step up in the absence of Jimenez, with Wolves in really poor form in front of goal.
Brighton are tricky opponents, but are also not the most clinical in front of goal so it could well be as low-scoring as Merson is expecting.
Bruno Lage has to get that balance right between solidity and improved threat going forward heading into the festive period.
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk
- 'I'm hoping': Sasa Kalajdzic provides latest injury update, shares when he wants to be back
- Report: 56-year-old Wolves manager target's replacement will arrive tomorrow
- Report: 47-year-old manager now a real long shot to get Wolves job, he would be very expensive
- 'Excellent': UCL boss thinks Wolves managerial target's team is one of the best in Europe