Paul Merson has predicted the result of Wolves’ clash with Crystal Palace at Molineux this weekend for Sportskeeda.
Wolves are coming off the back of two one-goal away defeats in London which have given their chase for European football a major blow.
The two sides met in November, when Wolves put in one of their worst performances of the season and deservedly lost 2-0.
But Merson has backed Bruno Lage to lead his side to victory in this one and get back to winning ways after a tough short period.
“I think Wolves will win this one. They’ve been unlucky in recent weeks and really need to bounce back after losing to West Ham and Arsenal.
“Crystal Palace, on the other hand, are coming on the back of two good results in the FA Cup and the Premier League, but they aren’t playing too well at the moment.
“I think Bruno Lage and co will secure all three points and give themselves a fair chance of securing European football at the end of the season. Wolves 2-1 Crystal Palace.”
Wolves really could do with a win to get themselves back to winning ways and a good performance to go with it would not go amiss too.
Lage now has quite a lot of choice at his disposal but his decision to rotate the squad against West Ham did not work at all.
It will be interesting to see the side he goes with at Molineux, because Wolves will want to snap out of this losing run as soon as possible.
- Report: Porto want Wolves target to replace exit-bound Vitinha, UCL could convince him
- Wolves' two transfer decisions may suggest Lage's intention for exhilarating 22y/o – opinion
- Wolves target now mere 'final details' away from sealing £15.5m move elsewhere – journalist
- Report: Club ready to sell Wolves target for £6.8m; he's already agreed terms elsewhere
- Report: Wolves keen on £11m midfielder tipped to play 'at the very top'