Sky Sports pundit Neil Mellor has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ clash with Newcastle United today.
Wolves will host Steve Bruce’s winless side looking to build on last week’s win over Southampton.
Wolves are yet to record a home win themselves this season but Mellor thinks that will all change today.
He thinks Wolves will pick up their first home victory of the season with a 1-0 win.
“Wolves picked up an important three points at Southampton last weekend, as Raul Jimenez scored for the first time since returning from injury.
“It was their second win and clean sheet of the season.
“I think those two could work hand-in-hand again on Saturday, while the problems will continue to mount for Steve Bruce and Newcastle. 1-0 Wolves.
Newcastle are there for the taking if Wolves can perform to their best and take confidence from last week’s game.
Wolves won’t get too many better chances to get off the mark at home than this one.
Jimenez should take confidence from his goal last week which captured the imagination across the world of football.
It’s about time the pattern of creating chances at home without scoring was broken. Wolves haven’t even scored a home goal yet in the league so far.
- 'A good team but': Paul Merson predicts a winner in West Ham vs Wolves
- Report: 25-year-old Wolves star snubbed two English giants, wants overseas move next year
- 'Good news for us': Guedes identifies a big boost for Wolves following international break
- 'Frustrate me': Chris Sutton gives thoughts ahead of West Ham vs Wolves, predicts a winner
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban