Paul Merson was covering Wolves’ clash with Liverpool on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday this afternoon.
There were no shots on target for either side in the first half but Merson was blown away by a Romain Saiss challenge on Mo Salah.
Saiss preserved Wolves’ clean sheet with a great last ditch intervention which really caught the former Arsenal midfielder’s eye.
At 3.38pm on Sky Sports News on 04/12, Merson said: “Great bit of play by Liverpool down the left hand side.
“I just said 1-0 because he plays it across, [Sadio] Mane misses it but Salah’s coming in. Saiss clears it, I don’t know how he does it.
“Look at that, it’s unbelievable! Salah’s just going to put it in from three yards and he gets his back around the ball and clears it. What a clearance.”
Jeff Stelling called the intervention ‘as good as a goal’ and it is hard to disagree.
- Report shares what Everton's option to buy clause is on Conor Coady
- Report: Wolves pushing really hard to sign 20-year-old midfielder again after £8m bid in January
- 'It does feel': Dave Edwards hails 'exciting addition' by Wolves, but has one concern
- Report: Club ready to hand new contract to 23-year-old Wolves really want to sign
- 'I don't understand': Former Molineux star flummoxed by Wolves decision