Another round of Premier League games following the midweek FA Cup programme means another week of Mark Lawrenson’s weekly BBC predictions column.
The former Liverpool defender has delivered his verdict on how he thinks Wolves will get on against Crystal Palace at Molineux.
Wolves will be looking to recover from their away defeats against Arsenal and West Ham in recent games and Lawrenson thinks Bruno Lage will lead his side to victory here.
“Wolves come into this game off the back of two away defeats, at Arsenal and West Ham, which means they have slipped a bit behind the top six.
“Bruno Lage’s side are still very good at what they do, though, and they never seem to be opened up at all.
“This will be close, because Palace are always very competitive too, but I’m going with Wolves to edge it. Lawro’s prediction: Wolves 2-1 Crystal Palace.”
This is a winnable game for Wolves as they seek to get back on the horse and also return to the high levels of performance they have set this season.
But Palace play good football under Patrick Vieira and are always a threat with their quality and pace out wide, so Wolves will need to play well here.
Two losses in two huge games are disappointing but Lage cannot let that become a run of defeats at just the wrong time of the season.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion