BBC Sport’s Mark Lawrenson has made his latest round of predictions for the next round of Premier League matches.
The former Liverpool defender has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ trip to Merseyside to take on Everton at Goodison Park.
Everton lost their last Premier League game 5-0 at Tottenham while Wolves won 4-0 against Watford at Molineux.
But despite that, Lawrenson has predicted a somewhat surprising victory for Everton this afternoon.
“This is another game where the crowd are going to play a massive part – if the home fans can get Goodison Park rocking like we know it can be, then of course it will spur the Everton players on.
“They will need all the help they can get, too. I think Frank Lampard’s side will win but it will be a nervy afternoon for them because of their problems at the back.
“It doesn’t matter what kind of performance Everton produce, they just need a win. They are not getting dragged into the relegation mix – they are already part of it. Lawro’s prediction: Everton 1-0 Wolves.”
Everton are a different animal at home and they will need to be in the relegation battle to try and make up for their away form.
But the momentum is firmly with Wolves ahead of this game and Bruno Lage will hope to build on that midweek result.
Goodison Park can help Everton but Wolves are defensively good enough to frustrate the stadium and make it go quiet on route to a win.
- 'A good team but': Paul Merson predicts a winner in West Ham vs Wolves
- Report: 25-year-old Wolves star snubbed two English giants, wants overseas move next year
- 'Good news for us': Guedes identifies a big boost for Wolves following international break
- 'Frustrate me': Chris Sutton gives thoughts ahead of West Ham vs Wolves, predicts a winner
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban