BBC Sport’s Mark Lawrenson has made his latest round of predictions for the next round of Premier League matches.
The former Liverpool defender has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ trip to Merseyside to take on Everton at Goodison Park.
Everton lost their last Premier League game 5-0 at Tottenham while Wolves won 4-0 against Watford at Molineux.
But despite that, Lawrenson has predicted a somewhat surprising victory for Everton this afternoon.
“This is another game where the crowd are going to play a massive part – if the home fans can get Goodison Park rocking like we know it can be, then of course it will spur the Everton players on.
“They will need all the help they can get, too. I think Frank Lampard’s side will win but it will be a nervy afternoon for them because of their problems at the back.
“It doesn’t matter what kind of performance Everton produce, they just need a win. They are not getting dragged into the relegation mix – they are already part of it. Lawro’s prediction: Everton 1-0 Wolves.”
Everton are a different animal at home and they will need to be in the relegation battle to try and make up for their away form.
But the momentum is firmly with Wolves ahead of this game and Bruno Lage will hope to build on that midweek result.
Goodison Park can help Everton but Wolves are defensively good enough to frustrate the stadium and make it go quiet on route to a win.
- Report: Two other EFL clubs wanted 22-year-old from Wolves, his move is now confirmed
- Report: Jeff Shi decided against potential £17m Wolves transfer
- Wolves linked with another South American; he's 'cut from the same cloth' as Diego Godin
- Report: Wolves will have to pay £30m to sign 25-year-old, his club are under pressure to sell
- Report: Wolves eyeing £160k-a-week ace who's one of the smartest players Jurgen Klopp's coached