On Monday night, Wolves won at Old Trafford against Manchester United for the first time since 1980 thanks to Joao Moutinho’s goal.
The Portuguese international netted from outside the box to send the travelling Wolves fans wild and earn a deserved victory.
On that occasion on 9 February 1980, Wolves also won 1-0 at Old Trafford and the goalscorer was Mel Eves, who reacted to the historic win.
Eves said on BBC West Midlands, as per the Athletic: “I’m so proud it’s Moutinho who has taken that [quiz] answer away from me.
“Wolves have outplayed Manchester United, just as we did 42 years ago.”
Eves is no longer the quiz answer but undoubtedly still a part of Wolves history. That said, everyone connected with the club will hope it is not another generation before there is an old gold win at Old Trafford again.
If Wolves keep going as they are under Bruno Lage, there is an outside chance of qualifying for Europe next season.
This result should give Wolves the encouragement that they can go to any ground in the league and play their football, to win the game.
It is a different club now to the one Eves played for but one still proud of its history and traditions. Last night’s game is one which will be remembered for years to come.
- Bruno Lage and Daniel Podence rave about 'amazing' Wolves star
- Wolves Predicted XI vs Brentford: Neves returns as Toti keeps his place
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League