Willy Boly’s season has been heavily disrupted by injury, all the way back to the summer.
He picked up a pre-season injury and has not returned to full fitness and had a run of games in the side yet.
That frustration is set to continue as Bruno Lage told his pre-match press conference ahead of Wolves’ clash with Norwich that Boly has a new injury and will not be involved.
Boly is still waiting to play a minute of Premier League football this term.
In better news, it appears that Marcal is back in contention for selection at Carrow Road.
Rayan Ait-Nouri has not put a foot wrong since he came into the side, and deserves to keep his place.
But Marcal boosts Lage’s defensive options, and Bruno Jordao is gearing up to step up his recovery too.
Plenty of fans may worry about how Wolves will get on when Boly goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.
But the truth is they have been coping without him for pretty much the whole season anyway.
That means Lage’s first-choice back three look set to remain in situ for the game against Dean Smith’s side.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English