John Ruddy and Morgan Gibbs-White both got their first starts of the season last night.
A rotated Wolves side thumped Nottingham Forest 4-0 at the City Ground in the EFL Cup.
Ruddy kept a comfortable clean sheet, while Gibbs-White rounded off the scoring with a late strike.
After the game, Ruddy sent a message to Gibbs-White on Instagram, congratulating him on the goal.
Perhaps there was also a little dig in there about how dominant Wolves are, stating it was a good game to watch.
It is about time Wolves’ chance creation started paying off. They’ve now had 70 shots in three games under Bruno Lage.
Gibbs-White will hope his goal and performance can convince Lage that he deserves a spot in the side for league matches.
He sent a message back to Ruddy after easily the best night of Wolves’ season so far.
The spirit seems high between two players who have had to wait for their opportunity to play.
Both impressed last night and obviously Gibbs-White had more chances to show what he could do.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut