Wolves goalkeeper John Ruddy says he is ‘gutted’ by the team’s defeat to Tottenham.
Echoing the feelings of supporters, Ruddy expressed his disappointment at the penalty shoot-out loss.
Teammate Hwang Hee-Chan also thanked the fans at Molineux for the atmosphere they created.
Both men did their bit
Ruddy was outstanding during the game, and one save in the second half was called ‘amazing’ by Nuno Espirito Santo.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
The Englishman also saved a penalty from Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the shootout.
Hwang netted his spot-kick, but teammates Ruben Neves, Leander Dendoncker and Conor Coady all missed.
The South Korean international got his first start in a Wolves shirt, but the occasion ended in disappointment and an exit from the EFL Cup.
Now Wolves need to bounce back when they play Southampton on Sunday, looking to improve a record of just one win from five Premier League games so far.
- ‘Opportunity’: Matt Hobbs shares whether Wolves could now sign new players in January
- ‘It’s just not true’: Matt Hobbs strongly refutes one perception about Wolves boss Gary O’Neil
- ‘Faultless’: Alan Shearer says £45k-a-week Wolves star did something hardly anyone else has managed
- ‘I didn’t really…’: ‘Imposing’ 25-year-old explains why he didn’t make Wolves move in summer
- Five goal contributions, five games; £17m Wolves player is already catching the eye out on loan