Wolves goalkeeper John Ruddy says he is ‘gutted’ by the team’s defeat to Tottenham.
Echoing the feelings of supporters, Ruddy expressed his disappointment at the penalty shoot-out loss.
Teammate Hwang Hee-Chan also thanked the fans at Molineux for the atmosphere they created.
Both men did their bit
Ruddy was outstanding during the game, and one save in the second half was called ‘amazing’ by Nuno Espirito Santo.
The Englishman also saved a penalty from Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in the shootout.
Hwang netted his spot-kick, but teammates Ruben Neves, Leander Dendoncker and Conor Coady all missed.
The South Korean international got his first start in a Wolves shirt, but the occasion ended in disappointment and an exit from the EFL Cup.
Now Wolves need to bounce back when they play Southampton on Sunday, looking to improve a record of just one win from five Premier League games so far.
- Report: Club ready to hand new contract to 23-year-old Wolves really want to sign
- 'I don't understand': Former Molineux star flummoxed by Wolves decision
- 'Agreement reached': Fabrizio Romano says reported Wolves target is now moving elsewhere
- 'You deserved a better end': Former Wolves player sends Instagram message to Coady
- Report: Wolves joined in hunt to sign Mendes client who is 'a brilliant reader of the game'