Wolves have beaten Leicester 2-1 thanks to a goal from outside the box by Daniel Podence.
It was the talented Portuguese winger’s first Premier League strike of the season and it was worthy of winning any game.
Wolves went ahead early on when Ruben Neves fired in after some smart build-up play but Ademola Lookman equalised before half-time.
Famous Foxes fan Gary Lineker took to Twitter to react to the defeat, which makes it five league games without a win for Brendan Rodgers’ side.
He felt that Leicester were the better side on the afternoon, and he said that a failure to turn that into a result was symptomatic of their season.
Wolves were more ruthless in front of goal and seemed to be more assured in their defending even though the visitors saw more of the ball.
The win takes Wolves back up to seventh and builds on the momentum generated by last weekend’s 2-0 win at Tottenham.
This was another victory against a side in the shake-up for European football, admittedly one slipping out of the picture due to injuries and poor set-piece defending.
Another boost for Wolves on the day was the return of Pedro Neto from injury, as he made his first appearance of the season as a substitute.
- Wolves absolutely fleeced Premier League rivals this summer – opinion
- Report: 62-year-old manager with 12 career trophies has shown interest in Wolves job
- What a 'visibly upset' Julen Lopetegui said at his press conference today, amid Wolves rumours
- Wolves reach pre-agreement for 56-year-old to succeed Lage at Molineux – journalist
- 'What's the problem?': 27-year-old suggests why he didn't sign for Wolves this summer