Wolves picked up an impressive victory against West Ham on Saturday thanks to Raul Jimenez’s goal.
Bruno Lage needed a reaction from his side following the 2-0 loss at Crystal Palace before the international break and he got one.
David Moyes’ side are renowned for being one of the fittest in the league, but Sky Sports pundit David Edwards felt that Wolves looked fitter than them.
Edwards told the Express and Star: “Everyone was disappointed with the Crystal Palace game but I always thought Wolves would bounce back after a performance like that.
“Wolves controlled the game and never left themselves open. Barring the opening 15 minutes and last 10, Wolves were very comfortable. Their intensity was key.
“West Ham were there for the taking and Wolves looked the fitter and stronger team.
“Half-time came at the wrong time but they came out in the second half and went for the jugular. It’s as good as I’ve seen them play this year, they were fantastic.”
This is not the first time this season that Edwards has praised Wolves for their fitness under Lage.
He said that Wolves looked fitter and stronger than Aston Villa after the last international break.
In that game, Wolves of course came from behind to win 3-2 at Villa Park.
Lage is doing well at getting his side fit and sharp after international duty, with other sides struggling to cope.
- 'Best player on the pitch by a mile': Amazon pundit's questionable verdict after Wolves' 0-0 draw
- Confirmed Wolves XI to face Burnley: Adama Traore finally starts as Lage makes two changes
- 'Shock', 'I'd love this': Some fans divided over what Wolves are reportedly considering
- Wolves star outlines his ambition to play in the Champions League
- £35k-a-week star could convert to a new position at Wolves in January – opinion