Former England defender Michael Dawson covered Wolves’ game with Southampton today for Sky Sports Soccer Saturday.
Raul Jimenez, Conor Coady and Adama Traore got the goals to win the game 3-1, but a special mention has to go to James Ward-Prowse’s free-kick in defeat.
But after the game, Dawson said it was Daniel Podence who stood out to him as the best player on the pitch as Bruno Lage’s side ran out winners.
“Podence was far superior to everyone on the pitch,” raved Dawson.
“He was ahead of the game, the way he could see passes, picking up different pockets. He was brilliant, and he made the opportunity for the goal, running past players.
“Podence was doing what he does, finding spaces and pockets.”
Podence is no doubt enjoying his best spell of the season and has taken his opportunity to shine expertly.
He was key to the victory at Old Trafford and the 3-0 win over Sheffield United in the FA Cup and managed to carry it on here today.
The wideman’s form means that Wolves are not missing the injured Pedro Neto and Hwang Hee-Chan as much as they might do, and that is no mean feat.
He looks happy and enjoying his football and it would now be absolutely ideal if he could take some more of the goalscoring burden away from Jimenez through the middle.
- Report: Wolves 2021 summer target expected to leave his club after 'best season of his career'
- Loan 'likely' for £13.5m Wolves player, league champions keen – journalist
- 'He has to improve': Lage wants even more from influential £17m Wolves player
- Jude Bellingham sends two-word message to Wolves youngster after big achievement
- Report: PL club will now hear offers for two previous Wolves targets, including £17m dynamo