Morgan Gibbs-White has had a positive impact during his loan spell at Sheffield United.
He has added pace and dynamism to their midfield, with six goals and four assists in all competitions so far.
The Blades’ next game is of course away to Wolves in the FA Cup today (Sunday).
So can Gibbs-White feature for United in the fixture?
The answer is no, and there are actually two very simple reasons why.
Wolves don’t want him to
As per rules of loan agreements, the club loaning out the player have the right to stipulate that said player cannot play against them.
It is standard practice, and Gibbs-White will not be eligible to feature in the game at Molineux between his parent club and his loan one.
He is injured
Even if Wolves were open to allowing Gibbs-White to feature in this game, he is currently battling an injury.
He has actually been back at Compton during his recovery and is very likely he would be unfit to play this weekend even if United were playing against a team he was allowed to face.
It remains to be seen how many changes Bruno Lage makes to his side for this clash.
Wolves are not going to get relegated so they can afford to have a real crack at the cup.
That said, they do have a thin squad and Lage may decide certain players need a rest.
There is also still a chance that Gibbs-White could be recalled by Wolves by the end of the month, but that does not look to be imminent right now.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English