Rayan Ait-Nouri was taken off as a concussion substitution in Wolves clash with Tottenham last night.
Wolves eventually exited the EFL Cup on penalties against Nuno Espirito Santo’s side.
Before that, they’d fought back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2, and Ait-Nouri’s energetic display played a part in that.
But as per the Express and Star, Lage said that he was told by the referee last night he had to take the defender off and he looks fine now.
“I don’t have any information on him, the referee just said we need to change him,” said Lage of Ait-Nouri.
“It was so quick that I didn’t have time to speak with the doctor, but after he looked fine. Let’s see what happens.”
Ait-Nouri’s substitution came at a time when he was playing well on his reintroduction to the team.
Here’s how Ait-Nouri’s performance went down with some Wolves fans on a night which ended in disappointment at Molineux:
Ait-nouri was class— Darren Benton (@dazyya) September 22, 2021
Ait-Nouri had a great game. Let’s hope he will recover soon. He goes in some nice runs when he cuts in 👍— Paul Aston (@PaulAston6) September 22, 2021
Nice to see Podence in the goals too. He is a good finisher.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday