Oostende central defender Jack Hendry is in talks to sign for Club Brugge as per Sky Sports.
They reported on their Transfer Centre at 10.42am on 31/08 that Hendry is close to a £8.6 million move.
The former Celtic man has been a target for Wolves in the past, with the interest first emerging in January.
There were also links earlier in the summer and Wolves still need a centre half.
But it doesn’t seem like Hendry will be the new man through the door to bolster Bruno Lage’s backline.
At the price he’s moving for, Hendry would have been an affordable option, but he seems set to remain in Belgium.
Brugge are playing in the Champions League this season and have been drawn in Manchester City’s group.
So perhaps that lure of European competition made the difference, but either way, Wolves fans will hope their club have their own central defensive arrival lined up for today.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut