Adama Traore joined Barcelona on an initial loan deal from Wolves in the January window and could be in Europa League action tonight.
Barca dropped into the Europa League after finishing third in their Europa League group and will face Napoli tonight.
Traore’s new manager Xavi told his pre-match press conference, via Football Espana, how happy he is with Traore’s early impact ahead of the game.
“He is giving us a lot. He is a mature player. He takes really good positions,” said Xavi of Traore.
“He draws players off their mark to get the ball out to the other wing. He takes people on in one-on-ones and he understands it well.
“He is able to make the difference. He is very strong one-on-one. He makes the difference in matches and I am very happy for him. He is very professional and he is a great guy.”
He has two assists in two La Liga games so far, so it is little wonder that Xavi is so happy with Traore already.
A significant contribution against Napoli over two legs would further please his new boss and cement his ability to play at that level.
Traore played in the Europa League for Wolves during the 2019/20 season, scoring two goals across ten games on the run to the quarter-finals.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion