Louie Moulden signed for Wolves from Manchester City on a free transfer this summer.
Moulden started between the sticks as the Old Gold Under 23 side kicked off their campaign on Monday night.
He was unable to keep a clean sheet but Wolves won 2-1 against Middlesbrough.
Under 23 boss James Collins hailed Moulden’s debut in an interview with the club website.
“He’s an excellent goalkeeper and he’s got a real personality and character,” said Collins of Moulden.
“I haven’t seen much of him in training because he’s been down with the first-team.
“But we saw him when he came in on trial at the end of last season, and I thought he was excellent [against Middlesbrough].
“It always gives you confidence when you’ve got a good goalkeeper in there.”
Moulden has clearly made a good first impression after his summer move and has a bright future.
It’s tough for young goalkeepers to force their way into Premier League sides, although that will be his long-term goal.
He may need a loan at some point, but perhaps this year he’ll be the Under 23s first choice and develop there.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut