The nominees for Wolves’ Player of the Month award for February have been named, as per the club’s official website.
That winner will be one of Jose Sa, Nelson Semedo, Rayan Ait-Nouri, Ruben Neves or Daniel Podence, who are the five players in contention for the award.
Joao Moutinho won the award in January but there will be a new recipient after the fans have finished voting.
There are some good contenders for the award after an impressive month, despite the disappointing results at the end.
The likes of Sa and Neves have impressed season long and are always going to be in and around the voting for these awards.
But Nelson Semedo has been steadily improving this season and many fans on Twitter want the former Barcelona defender to scoop the monthly crown.
Semedo is currently injured and his injury against West Ham underlined his importance to this Wolves side, as we wrote here.
Former Molineux midfielder David Edwards said that understudy Ki-Jana Hoever was off the pace and it is to be hoped that the Portugal international is back soon.
In the meantime, here is how the nominations going live went down online…
Sunday proved how much me missed him and deserves it for continued good performances….Semedo pic.twitter.com/swSZxTn8Bj— Singhwhenyourewinning 💙 (@pedalsingh) March 1, 2022
Semedo without a doubt— Adam (@Topoftheshop40) March 1, 2022
Semedo comfortably— ryan_lucas_ (@Wolvoryan04) March 1, 2022
Semedo all day long— 1 (@wwfcfan123) March 1, 2022
Semedo— Glyn Owen (@GlynOwe98620400) March 1, 2022
Semedo shone this month— Lucy Coxon (@lucylegs1506) March 1, 2022
Nelson— Mitch 🐺 (@MitchPhillips28) March 1, 2022
Podence or Semedo 🐺— ㅋㅋ (@kjh9402) March 1, 2022
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion