Wolves’ Under 23 side drew 1-1 away from home against their Burnley counterparts last night.
Luke Cundle captained the side on the night and grabbed the equalising goal on the night.
James Collins’ side only took three minutes to peg back Max Pardington’s penalty and grab a point.
You can see Cundle’s strike below, and his performance got some decent reaction from Wolves fans on Twitter.
Cundle has been on the bench for all three of Wolves’ Premier League matches so far this season but is yet to get on.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
He did get a brief appearance in the 4-0 EFL Cup thumping of Nottingham Forest last month though.
It remains to be seen if he’ll be in the senior squad today after his exploits last night, but it seems unlikely.
It’ll be interesting to see how Bruno Lage pads out his bench at Watford without Cundle, if that is indeed the case.
Cundle is a talented midfielder with a bright future ahead of him and that was reflected in the online comments about his performance last night:
He should be on the First Team— marco (@Mercato_fichaje) September 10, 2021
I was there, Cundle will play for the 1st team this year, he was sensational, he is the English inniesta.— les caffery (@LesCaffery) September 10, 2021
Nice goal— Lucy Coxon (@lucylegs1506) September 10, 2021
- ‘Find a voice’: Hobbs says 23y/o has become a greater leader since Neves and co left Wolves
- ‘I think’: Dave Edwards says 29-year-old actually had his best game ever for Wolves on Saturday
- ‘Magnificent’: BBC pundit stunned by what Wolves player did in 6th minute vs Man City
- ‘Something special’: Matt Hobbs admits he’s been totally ‘blown away’ by Wolves man
- ‘I’d be surprised’: Hobbs argues Wolves star is the best player in his position in the PL right now