Yerson Mosquera made his return from injury for Wolves’ Under 23 side last week.
Mosquera started the match as James Collins’ team beat their West Ham counterparts 1-0 in the Premier League Cup.
He was removed after 30 minutes and Collins has confirmed that was a planned change.
Collins offered an update on Mosquera’s recovery to the club website as the defender works towards his first senior appearance.
“He’s on his way back from injury and that was the next stage of his rehab,” said Collins.
“30 minutes on the pitch was always the plan. Then he’ll move to whatever his next per cent is.”
Will Mosquera face Watford?
Perhaps that match will come too soon for him to start, but he could be involved from the bench.
Wolves incrementally increased Raul Jimenez’s gametime during pre-season.
The first stage of that, against Crewe, was a pre-planned half hour before he worked up from there.
Mosquera might be the same, and there might be another appearance for Collins’ side in store before he comes back into the senior squad.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut