Every Wolves fan knows Adama Traore is capable of the extraordinary and the eye-catching.
Even though he has been benched for the previous two Premier League weekends, Traore has still made an impact this season.
As per Opta, Traore has completed 49 dribbles in the Premier League this term, 16 more than the next best player in Europe’s top five leagues.
Imagine if Traore had started against Southampton and Newcastle. His staggering lead would be even greater.
Of course, the same frustration persisted with Traore, even when he was carving apart defences for fun.
He couldn’t stick the ball in the back of the net, which is something Hwang Hee-Chan has been able to do since his loan arrival.
Hwang is not as much of a ball-carrier, he drives into space without the ball before finishing ruthlessly.
That’s something Traore can perhaps learn from as he continues to search for the way to turn his unique gifts and eye-catching stats into goals and assists.
Traore outstripping Kylian Mbappe is impressive, but has long been since time for him to turn that into match-altering contributions.
- Rayan Ait-Nouri has to be in contention to start against Everton
- Wolves’ Leo Bonatini scores for third game running for Grasshoppers
- Hwang Hee-chan showing he is worthy of £13 million Wolves transfer
- Bruno Lage gives update on Marcal after absence against Leeds
- Connor Ronan draws praise from Rangers manager Steven Gerrard