Frank Lampard is a contender to replace Nuno Espirito Santo at Wolves, as per TalkSPORT.
They claim that Wolves have held talks with the former England international, as well as Bruno Lage.
Lage has been the front-runner since Nuno’s sacking but they report that it is no mean a foregone conclusion that he’ll get the job.
Lampard was sacked by Chelsea in January, in the middle of his second season in charge at Stamford Bridge.
How good is Lampard?
What’s happened at Chelsea since his departure is not a good look for Lampard at all.
The players Lampard could not mould into a cohesive balanced team are now Champions League finalists and finished fourth under Thomas Tuchel.
That indicates he was vastly underachieving with the resources available to him after a lavish summer of spending.
He didn’t get Derby out of the Championship either and there are serious doubts over how good he actually is.
There were some Wolves fans on Twitter very much against the idea of bringing Lampard in and here’s how the report went down:
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English