Frank Lampard is a contender to replace Nuno Espirito Santo at Wolves, as per TalkSPORT.
They claim that Wolves have held talks with the former England international, as well as Bruno Lage.
Lage has been the front-runner since Nuno’s sacking but they report that it is no mean a foregone conclusion that he’ll get the job.
Lampard was sacked by Chelsea in January, in the middle of his second season in charge at Stamford Bridge.
How good is Lampard?
What’s happened at Chelsea since his departure is not a good look for Lampard at all.
The players Lampard could not mould into a cohesive balanced team are now Champions League finalists and finished fourth under Thomas Tuchel.
That indicates he was vastly underachieving with the resources available to him after a lavish summer of spending.
He didn’t get Derby out of the Championship either and there are serious doubts over how good he actually is.
There were some Wolves fans on Twitter very much against the idea of bringing Lampard in and here’s how the report went down:
- Reported Wolves target Dani Ceballos is a big fan of Adama Traore
- Wolves transfer news: Reported target Dragowski on Atletico’s radar
- Wolves transfer news: Arnaut Danjuma eyeing PL, but name-drops rivals
- Wolves fans react as John Ruddy agrees contract extension
- Report claims Wolves are among clubs interested in Ceballos this summer