Renat Dadashov has left Wolves on loan to join C.D. Tondela for the season ahead.
The move was confirmed last night, after Wolves returned from their pre-season training camp in Marbella.
Dadashov had his opportunities in pre-season but the club have decided he’d be best off going out and getting regular games.
The striker spoke to his new club’s official website about his decision to join and also posted a message on Instagram.
“I can’t wait to make my debut for my new club,” he said.
“I’m very happy with this step in my career, I talked to my family and friends and as soon as I heard about this opportunity I realized that it was ideal for me.”
Dadashov will train with his new teammates for the first time today as he prepares to try and make his mark in the Portuguese top flight.
This will be his third loan spell away from Wolves, following spells at Pacos de Ferreira and Grasshoppers.
He had awful luck at Grasshoppers, suffering a knee ligament injury which ended his loan spell early.
Dadashov is now fully recovered from that huge setback and will be looking to make his mark in Portugal.
He’s got the chance to make his mark at a top flight club. Rafa Mir did exactly that last season and boosted his profile.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut