Former Wolves midfielder David Edwards has raved about most members of Bruno Lage’s starting XI.
Nelson Semedo, Conor Coady, Max Kilman, Romain Saiss, Marcal, Ruben Neves, Francisco Trincao, Adama Traore and Raul Jimenez were all praised for their performances in the 2-0 win over Watford.
“There were some really good performances. Trincao looked absolutely sensational at times on Saturday, Traore looked dangerous and Raul Jimenez looked more like his old self.
“And I can’t speak highly enough of how brilliant the back three have been, and the wing-backs – even though Semedo missed chances, he did very well.
“Ruben Neves is turning into one of the most complete midfielders in the Premier League and is doing it game in game out, which is amazing for Wolves.”
It’s amazing the difference a win makes. Wolves have been playing well all season and now they’ve got points on the board to back that up.
Keep the levels high against Brentford and another three points should come Lage’s way.
Jose Sa deserves a mention, for the way he’s settled into English football, and Hwang Hee-Chan will be pushing for a start after his debut goal too.
- 3 in 4: 20-year-old loanee on hot streak as striker-less Wolves lose to Leeds
- Report: Wolves enquired about loan deal for 21-year-old, his club are set to sign £12.6m man
- Wolves set to make second summer signing, 25y/o will have medical tomorrow – John Percy
- Club set to land Wolves star on loan, personal terms are almost agreed – journalist
- 7/9 duels won: £17m star Wolves decided not to sign enjoys solid Premier League debut