Wolves’ Under 23 side got their season off to a winning start last night.
Striker Austin Samuels scored a brace as Middlesbrough were seen off 2-1 at Aggborough.
Nelson Semedo started the game at right wing-back to build his fitness after missing the final game of pre-season.
But he wasn’t the only senior defender at the game, with Yerson Mosquera pictured in attendance.
Perhaps Mosquera was just there to support or maybe he was taking a look at the team Wolves are planning for him to play in when he’s back from injury.
The Colombian played in Bruno Lage’s side in pre-season and impressed before a hamstring injury struck him down.
When he’s back, it will be interesting to see if he’s viewed as a senior option or someone who will spend time in the Under 23s.
Assistant manager Alexandre Silva was also in attendance, and he was likely looking to see whether any of the young prospects could catch his eye.
As well as that, he’ll of course have been checking on Semedo, to see if he’s ready to face Tottenham on Sunday.
- Russell Jones explains why Wolves have signed a record deal
- One Premier League team’s journey shows Wolves can do good things under Lage
- Edwards criticises Saiss’ defending in Wolves loss to Brentford
- Nigel Lonwijk eyeing Premier League chance with Wolves
- Wolves fans give their first impressions of Hwang Hee-chan