Bruno Lage has been asked about the fitness of Daniel Podence ahead of Wolves’ clash with Liverpool.
Lage held his pre-match press conference and spoke about the winger, who has missed the last two matches after testing positive for Covid.
The manager did not confirm either way whether Podence would be restored to his squad.
As oer the Birmingham Mail, he said: “Everything is normal. We have Ruben back, that’s the big news. Let’s see if Podence can join us tomorrow.
“When you look at our bench in the last game, we don’t have too many solutions. We try to manage the game in a different way.
“Usually I finish the games with three midfielders but we couldn’t because Ruben was out. It’s a good challenge for us, I’m not making excuses. My job is to find solutions.”
Lage is right when he mentions how light Wolves’ bench looked against Burnley in midweek.
With the game in the balance, he only had Francisco Trincao to throw on to try and get the win. The game ended 0-0 of course.
Fabio Silva does not seem to be viewed as a viable option by Lage and the return of Podence would add potency and variety to Lage’s options.
- Report: Lopetegui makes offer for 31-year-old who broke Wolves hearts in 2020, Villa keen too
- Report: Wolves transfer target now misses training, amid claims Molineux move is imminent
- Manager should have big regrets over £18m Wolves star, he has X-factor – opinion
- Wolves officials left red-faced, as player Lage wanted upstages Cristiano Ronaldo – opinion
- 'Imperative': Wolves told they must strengthen position even if £30m man finds form