Wolves manager Bruno Lage has offered an injury update ahead of Monday night’s clash with Everton.
Marcal missed the 1-1 draw with Leeds last time around, with an injury problem that Lage made no mention of before the trip to Elland Road.
Lage says that Marcal is not fit for the game against Rafa Benitez’s side, which means Rayan Ait-Nouri is likely to continue.
There is good news on Willy Boly, who was back in training this week and is in contention.
Lage was also asked about Pedro Neto, who is of course a long term absentee.
He said that the wideman has stepped up the difficulty of his work, but there is still no timescale for his return.
Lage does not have a huge squad available to him and more long term injuries would hit Wolves hard.
It is good news that Boly is back, to offer defensive cover at the very least.
At some point, Boly will likely come back into the team but he needs to get back to full sharpness first.
Then, he will have to be patient because Lage clearly likes what he is seeing from his current back three.
- Is Wolves v Burnley on TV? Kick off time, live stream and how to watch
- Bruno Lage provides update on injured Wolves star Willy Boly
- Journalist says Buur is likely to leave Wolves on loan in January
- Edwards says Adama Traore has lost his confidence
- Mark Lawrenson makes prediction for Wolves vs Burnley