Wolves got their first win of the Premier League season on Saturday, beating Watford 2-0.
Raul Jimenez has played every league game so far, but is yet to register a goal or an assist.
On Sky Sports Monday Night Football, Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher produced the statistics for chances created in the Premier League this season.
They showed that Jimenez has created 12 chances so far, a tally only Jack Grealish, Mo Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold can beat.
That’s even more than Adama Traore, who has laid on 11 opportunities and terrorised defences with his direct running.
Wolves’ attack was flat for the vast majority of last season under Nuno Espirito Santo.
That makes it all the more exciting that they now have two of the most prolific chance creators in the division in attack.
More clinical finishing from teammates – perhaps often each other – would have seen Traore and Jimenez pick up at least one assist by now.
The underlying numbers indicate the assists – and most likely goals – will come if Wolves keep creating the same volume of chances.
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut
- Wolves had no shots on target vs Brentford
- Wolves couldn’t contain dominant Brentford striker Ivan Toney in 2-0 defeat