Former Wolves midfielder turned Sky Sports pundit David Edwards has praised Conor Coady and Max Kilman for their performances in the loss against Liverpool.
Wolves were resolute for most of the game against a side who have been free-scoring this season, especially away from home.
There was also a mention for goalkeeper Jose Sa, who has been a hugely impressive signing since replacing Rui Patricio in the summer.
“Conor Coady and Max Kilman in particular were absolutely outstanding,” said Edwards in his Express and Star column.
“To have two lads to have been at the club for quite a while now, for Max to have come through, I haven’t got enough superlatives for his performances this season.
“No matter who Max comes up against, including Sadio Mane on Saturday, it just doesn’t faze him. In one-v-one situations he wins every duel, is brave in the tackle and drives out of the defence.
“Jose Sa was excellent again, his distribution was brilliant. I don’t think the goalkeeper or defence deserved to be on the losing team.”
Coady is currently in the England setup and Kilman could join him before long if he keeps his level of performance up.
Bruno Lage has made Wolves hard to break down and they will need to be again next time around against Manchester City.
The issues are at the other end of the pitch, where Wolves are not creating enough chances and that will be tough once again against the reigning champions.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority